суббота, 15 декабря 2012 г.

My Professional Choice


Finishing school is the beginning of an independent life for millions of school-leavers, such like me two years ago. It is the beginning of a far more serious examination of your knowledge, abilities and character. All roads were open before me. But actually it is very difficult to make up one`s mind and choose one of the hundreds of jobs. While at school I changed my mind a lot of times and couldn`t decide which  field   to specialize in.
While choosing a job many factors were taken into my consideration: wages and salaries, job-satisfaction, opportunities to travel and to see much, etc. For me, the most important criterion is job-satisfaction, and that’s why I have chosen the profession of a teacher.
Teaching is a very specific and responsible occupation. Not everyone has enough courage tо accept this responsibility. I believe teaching to be a very valuable and challenging profession that requires complete dedication, love of the subject and lots of enthusiasm.
However, there are also disadvantages that apply to the teaching profession not only in our country but in other countries as well. It is regarded in many societies as low-status and underpaid work. Luckily my main interest is not money but the belief that education js very important for the success and progress of our society.
Also, the great advantage of a teacher, namely an English teacher, is an opportunity of unlimited communication with foreigners and an opportunity to travel. I have a dream to go on a trip around the world and I believe that my profession can help me in turning this dream into reality.
Since my joining the university, I have never regretted my  choice of the profession. And I hope that one day I can become a Great Good Teacher.

3 комментария:

  1. Ответы
    1. Does it matter for you which age and level of English to teach? Why (or why not)? And what about a place where you'd prefer to work, does it make much difference to you whether it's a state school or a private one?

      Удалить